Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Free at Last, Free at Last...Thank God Almighty, I am Free at Last!

Yes, in the words of the great Dr. King--I am free at last. I turned in my keys and my Bryan High ID yesterday. My teaching life is officially over....or at least on hold for a few years. You would think I would be elated, or at least relieved, but for some reason, I'm not. I'm not sure what emotion I'm feeling. I guess it still hasn't really sunk in that I am no longer tied to that school. For 6 years, that is who I have been--a teacher at Bryan High. And for 23 years before that, that is all I can remember wanting to be "when I grew up"--a teacher. Needless to say, it is completey bizarre to NOT be a teacher. Now--I'm just a mommy and a wife. (as if "just" is appropriate?!?) Wow-- new chapter--even if only commemorated by a stupid blog entry. :)

(But as I leave the education world, another Lively girl enters it. This is my baby sister's college graduation...soon to be a 3rd grade teacher in College Station--with my Mom at her side, with 32 years of teaching 1st grade, and my middle sister, starting her 2nd year as a 6th grade math teacher in Bryan. It's in our genes! :)


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new chapter in your life. But, I don't think that you can say you are no longer a teacher. You will be teaching your children so many things, and probably more than you ever realize! And, I know that God uses you to teach women in your Bible study, etc. And you teach me lots of things, too ;) So, yes, new chapter, but you are still a teacher!!

    We would love for you to come soon. We are living la vida loca right now with crazy deadlines and other things, so I could use some fun!

    By the way, I love your new profile picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I hope that you enjoy this new chapter, as I am sure that you will. If you have found/find that any of your classroom control training is effective on your children, will you please let me know? (I haven't ever thought to ask that before.)

    If you have time when you come up we would love to see you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I can not believe that your little sister is old enough to already be graduating! That is great she has already gotten a job! I bet that you love having them both so close.

    Have you enjoyed the first week of your freedom? It will be a great time for you and your kiddos.

    Hope to talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete