Monday, April 27, 2009

A Life Worth Remembering

Dawson's grandfather, his "Pawpaw", went home to be with Jesus last night. We are mourning our loss, but celebrating his victory. Bill Leftwich was truly an incredible and extraordinary man. He was an artist, an author, a carpenter, a true cowboy, a veteran of WWII (he was actually a tank commander on the German frontlines and full of unbelievable stories), a public speaker, a mesmerizing storyteller, a devoted Aggie, an even more devoted Christian, a man who dearly loved his family and so, so many other things. He is one of those people that you feel privileged to have known. And I did not just know him, I got to be related to him. He touched my life in many ways, and shaped our family. The world is now a dimmer place without his bright, shining light.


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute! We are praying for your family...Love you guys and are so sorry for your lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that Pawpaw was very loved, and that he will be very missed. What a blessing that he had a somewhat peaceful passing, and we know that he is no longer suffering! We are praying for you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Please hug Dawson for me and know that yall are in my prayers. I love you.

    ReplyDelete