Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The toliet, a flyswatter and the big trashcan!

"What?!?" That's probably what you are thinking as you read the title to this entry. Well, if you are wondering what these three things have in common--other than being some of the nastiest, dirtiest, grossest things around your house--it just so happens that these are also three things that I have found my daughter putting her MOUTH on in the last few days!!! Yes, that's what I said! Ellie had the flyswatter IN HER MOUTH yesterday evening. Why?? God only knows! Then earlier that day, she had been touching the toilet seat (while sitting and NOT peeing again) and proceeded to put her contaminated thumb IN HER MOUTH. And the day earlier, as Caleb was chunking some trash into our disgusting, big trash can outside, Ellie decided to see what it would taste like, and put HER MOUTH on the rim of it!! Yuck, yuck, yuck!! I'm surprised the girl is not in the hospital with a terrible case of the runs by today. But, what are you gonna do?!?

In other news, Adelyn started cereal yesterday and she did GREAT! Caleb was the photographer of the event, and he got some cute shots.





Last week, our big event was "Salon Night" with Aunt Tracy. She made one of Caleb's dreams come true....and gave him a MOHAWK! He thought it was so cool!


Aunt Tracy, the stylist and hero!


And we also enjoyed being with our family in Ft. Worth this past weekend for my nephew's birthday party! Guess what the theme was??



Finally, today I just took some pictures of my big, beautiful girl....almost 5 months!


4 comments:

  1. Your posts always crack me up! That is too funny about Ellie! Your children are so precious and you are a wonderful mommmy! I love the ones of Adelyn... She is growing up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading Ellie, but thinking Adelyn in the first part. Either way - EWWWWWW!!!

    Love the mohawk! I was going to cut one into the boys hair, but they chickened out - I mean, changed their minds - at the last minute.

    And I adore Adelyn's flip-flops! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flip-flops. Ainsley had them last summer...how fun! I am with Melissa. I was thinking the whole time it was Addie and then really grossed out when it was your sweet Ellie. Be sure to take offense when she won't eat your cooking...Ainsley is the same way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caleb looks so cool with his mohawk!! Too cute!

    And Adelyn is just growing up too fast. I LOVE her little shoes she has on. I wish I could still stick Emily's foot in those!

    ReplyDelete