Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lively Girls' Weekend 09

I love my mom and my sisters! It's so wonderful to have women in your family that you can enjoy hanging out with. My mom, sisters and I just went on our 3rd Annual Girls' weekend. This year, we went to Canton for First Monday. It was awesome! We stayed in Dallas on Friday (where I got to see my other favorite girl, Missy, for a few minutes). At her recommendation, we ate at this super cool place called Cuba Libre. Great food, fun atmosphere! Then we pooped out early, and just went back to our hotel. Although, it was a little disappointing that we didn't go out and paint the town, it was such a blessing to sleep for an uninterrupted 9 hours in a row! I can't even remember the last time that happened!! We headed to Canton the next morning, and enjoyed a beautiful day full of shopping and fatty food! If you haven't ever been to Canton, it's pretty close to what heaven is going to be like for me. :) Super cute, crafty things, all for reasonable "bargain" prices, that you can shop for while eating a funnel cake!! What could be better than that?!? I would also like to say that I'm the luckiest woman in the world to have a Super Dad for a husband, because none of this fun would've been possible without his loving, willingness to take on three crazy kids by himself! God Bless Dawson Skow!!

Some fun pictures from the adventure...

Mom and Lisa toasting our night out together..


Our super yummy dessert, with fried bananas, ice cream, and other heavenly things.


My beautiful, baby sister and me...when did she become a grown-up?!?


Yes--four grown women played with the baggage carts up and down the hallways in a fancy hotel....even my mom!! Isn't she cool?!?


My other beautiful sister....enjoying her turn down the hallway!

There are other fun photos from the weekend.....but I've been threatened with the loss of my life if I shared them on my blog....you'll just have to wonder.... :)

4 comments:

  1. thats awesome haha i love that yall played on the luggage carts. somehow that doesn't surprise me though :) your family is so outgoing and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were there this weekend too! Sounds like ya'll had a great time. I can just imagine the other crazy stories....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend.... I think it is great that you all can get together and do this. Great Memories forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some day, you are taking me to Canton...

    ReplyDelete