Sunday, July 11, 2010

Medifast Journey

I was going to try and NOT blog about this......mainly because I am a little embarrassed. I don't like talking about my weight, nor do I ever want to do anything that would draw someone's attention to it. However, i am needing a little therapy here.....and some mental/emotional processing, so the answer: a blog entry.

I started a new diet program called "Medifast." I heard about it a couple of times in my 31 parties, and then I did a party for the sister-in-law and mother-in-law of my now Medifast health coach. The SIL, Katie, was already signed up and started telling me the details of the program. From the eating side of it, it's kind of a cross between SlimFast and Nutrisytem. But the program is designed to give you a lot more support, and really quick results. She told me enough to get me interested.

I've never been a plan of these "get rich quick" kind of diets, but I needed to make a change. I had tried working out with a personal trainer, I had tried Weight watchers, I had tried 'eating healthier' on my own.....and NOTHING was working for me. Eating/Dieting is such a personal thing, so I know that different things or programs work for different people. So, I prayed, and prayed about this option. It's not cheap, and I didn't want to waste more money. And I didn't want to be "taking the easy way out." But I did feel a peace about this when I was praying to God for direction. I know this program won't last forever....in fact, I don't know if I can last through the rest of this week, but if it can help me change my relationship with food.....help me to treat food as food, and God as God, then I'm willing and able to try.

I officially started on Friday, July9th. I'm only 2 1/2 days into it, and it has been hard. One of the hardest parts has been cooking and feeding my children lasagna and cinnamon rolls, but having to eat my prepackaged shakes and bars. :( But I'm praying that God teaches me, and changes me through this process. We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Good luck on your Medifast Journey....I did that diet a years ago....it does work....I KNOW how hard drinking those shakes and bars can be at times. Hang in there!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know several people who have done that diet and each of them lost a lot of weight! i hear after the first week it gets easier...you see people eating good food and you don't even care lol you go girl!!!

    we should go walking sometime!it's one of my favorite ways to catch up with someone :)

    ReplyDelete