Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dumb Hair

This is totally dumb. But I am scheduled to get my haircut tomorrow. This is the haircut that I've been working toward now for almost 2 years. I have been growing my hair out so I can donate it. My mom and sisters have all done this before, and I thought it was an admirable thing to do. But my hair is crazy. It is super thick, and frizzy, and huge! It's what earned me the nickname of "Chia pet" at youth camp. Ha! I had forgotten about that until just now.... Anyway, I finally decided to commit to this "project." I want to give a small part of myself, so that someone else can enjoy some "normalcy" that they might not have had otherwise.

Now that the haircut is looming, I'm feeling nervous. I'm almost sad....which is so dumb. It's only hair! And it grows back! I am almost embarrassed to admit these feelings, because they seem shallow and egotistical. But I am going to get over it. And to document, I wanted to have some "before" pictures, and then an "after"! That makes it kinda fun, right?

OK...so be nice. This is without ANY product in my hair....so it looks kinda.....yuck. But here is the back view...

The longest my hair has been since I was in 9th grade!

And it's 11pm, AND I have no make-up on...but wanted to document the front too. :/

I was feeling really stupid doing this....so I decided to make myself feel more normal.
And by the way, welcome to my bathroom!! :)


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to do! Good luck with the haircut! I always get nervous with big hair changes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have gorgeous hair that some lucky person will be so blessed to receive. I can't wait to see the 'after' pics!!!

    ReplyDelete