Friday, August 3, 2012

How do I begin.....

I've started this blog entry several times.  I've wanted to tell the story of our time in Uganda.

But there are NO words that could possibly convey the experience- the spiritual, emotional and physical experiences that have forever changed my perspective and my heart.

Even though the words can not possibly convey what I want them to, I am still going to try. I have a feeling this is going to be long and probably come in phases.  Here is the beginning...

Africa is really different from America.

America...at least my America, is all about comfort, entertainment, and planning for retirement.
Africa is about surviving the day, and hoping for Heaven.

America wastes.  I waste. a lot.
Uganda wants.  Many are in want.

In America, my daughters have many dolls....so many dolls they can't play with them all.
In Uganda, I saw many children.  The only doll I saw belonged to a baby...the doll was made of sugar cane and sticks.

In America, many Christians, including myself, seem very preoccupied with this life.
In Uganda, most Christians I met seem to be focused on eternal life.








a little now, a lot more to come....




1 comment:

  1. I pray we will all be able to take your experiences to heart Michelle, and let them transform our lives. I am in tears already and I've only read your first entry. Thank you again for sharing yourself - both with the people you touched in Uganda and all the people you are sure to touch - and motivate - in the U.S. God bless you and Dawson and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete