Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The year is now 2015...and so much has changed.

I am so happy that I found my way back to this blog.  I haven't written here in a very, very long time.  I came back to the blog to remember the time and details of an embarrassing parenting memory, to use for a little baby shower.  But oh my goodness!  Walking down memory lane on this blog has brought SO much joy to my heart.  I am so, so glad that I chronicled those precious years of babies and little ones here.  That season of life was absolutely beautiful!  Hard in some ways, but so awesome!  I miss it. Now, we are living with 3 school-age children- a 5th grader, a 2nd grader and a Kindergartener.  When I started this blog, I wasn't even pregnant with Adelyn yet, and no one was in school!

I have the time and opportunity to blog today because I am sitting on my big butt at home, for 5 days, with the flu.  The stupid, yucky, no-fun flu.  I have never had the flu before, but it totally sucks.  I do NOT recommend it.  Sadly, our sweet Caleb also has it.  His symptoms are different than mine, but he is still suffering.  Poor guy.  He does seem to get sick more than the girls.  It makes no sense, because he is a healthy, active boy.  But I will say, that when we are sick, it does renew my perspective on our general health.  We are so, so very blessed to NOT know what it is like to truly be sick.  Our friends and family that live with cancer, or MS, or ALS or other kinds of diseases, they are the ones who know what it is like to be sick.  And I am so humbled by their joy, and stamina, and perseverance, and perspective....God strengthens his people.  

Anyway...I would love to start blogging again.  I hope I can make that happen. 

Recent picture of kids- December 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment