Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The End of an Era

Wow.  Is this really happening? 

Am I really blogging again....for the first time in years!?

What brought me back to the ol' blog, you ask? The finish line of my 30s. 

Even typing that feels bizarre.  How can my 30s already be over?  I think maybe I thought I would be 30-something forever.  Just like the TV show.  Just like FRIENDS.  Always in my 30s.

But when I wake up tomorrow morning, that will not be the case.  I will be 4-0!

I'm not ready to push the Panic button.  I don't think a mid-life crisis is looming.  But I am feeling a little weird about it.  The passage of time is a freaky thing. And I think when your life is so absolutely incredible, that you don't want it to pass by.  I want it to stay.  Just the way it is.  With kids, and friends, and parents.  I don't like change.  And the passage of time necessitates change. 

Yuck.

When I turned 30, I was pregnant with my third baby.  I had recently quit my job to become a stay-at-home mom, and I was just starting to embrace all that came with that lifestyle....including blogging. :)

It was a time FULL of love, of little people, of kisses n' hugs, and happiness. 

And tomorrow will begin the 40s. And Praise God, it is still a time FULL of love.  But my people are all much bigger.  Pregnancy is no longer a possibility.  My third baby is just a couple months away from being 10, and I have to ask, and sometimes beg, for kisses n' hugs. 

Oh my.

God, I trust you.  I hope and pray that the 40s are absolutely fantastic.




My three babies, 14, 12, and 9



No comments:

Post a Comment