Monday, October 6, 2008

Sweet prayers

I've never blogged twice in one day before, but I felt like this definitely deserved an entry. My sweet son has a nightly routine, which includes praying and singing with both Daddy and me. We take turns and one of us reads, prays and sings with him, and then the other (after putting Ellie down) comes in and prays and sings with him a second time. Children's prayers are precious, no matter what the content. Caleb's prayers are usually a list of names of family and friends that he thanks God for and then he might ask for something, and then sign-off with an 'I love you God, Amen.' But tonight's prayer was a little different. It touched my heart so much, that immediately after saying good night, I wrote it down. I tried to remember most of it word for word. I promise that none of this was prompted or even suggested. Here's my little boy's prayer for tonight:

Deary God-
Thank you for Mommy's shirt.
Thank you for Jesus.
Thank you that Mommy looks like a princess.
Thank you for.....(i missed some of this list--trying not to cry about the princess comment)
Thank you for the people who don't have blankets, or food or people who don't have a house.
Please help them.
Help give them curtains and sunglasses and sisters.
And thank you God for my toys.
Thank you for Santa Claus and my clothes.
I love you God,
Amen.

*One of the many reasons why being a mother is the greatest thing in the world. And I am so blessed to have two little angels of my own.

2 comments:

  1. That is so precious! Thank you for sharing it! Can you imagine what God thinks of our heartfelt, sincere, unfiltered prayers like that? (Just a thought that occurred to me just now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's TOO sweet! What a precious angel. :)

    ReplyDelete