Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another precious prayer

As christian parents, we all pray for our children to know God and His word. In fact, our prayers for our children take so many forms--praying for their health and safety, their spirits and souls, their futures, etc. For Dawson and me, it has been the most awesome blessing in the world to see God answering those prayers a little bit at a time. We feel like Caleb, who-unbelievably-will be 5 years old within the week, has at least begun to grasp some of God's attributes. And by the grace of God, I've seen him display some beautiful characteristics of God's spirit, like mercy and compassion. I don't say these things to brag, but instead to give glory to God for how He is working in our little son's life. An excerpt from tonight's prayer that brought much joy to my heart....
God, it makes me so, so sad that some people don't have any beds, or food or money. Please give them all those things. And God, you are the biggest, biggest man in the world and the boss of everybody--EV-RY-BODY. And thank you for Jesus and that he died for all of our senses. :)
Thank you, God, for teaching and molding our children, in spite of their completely flawed parents.

Some recent pictures of our little blessings...
Our breakdancing gangstas :)

Cheesin' it on our cousin's cool, new 4-wheeler

Fun times with our cousins from around the corner


And the 3rd one on the way (Huge, isn't it? and shaded to downplay the stretch marks :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love when God works in the kids' hearts despite our human behaviors!

    And I love your special pic. You really are radiating beauty, whether it feels that way or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't imagine the joy of hearing your child loving God. That is my most frequent prayer...
    Precious. I would so love to see your precious kids in person, and by the way you look fantastic!
    Quick question- my little sister is at TAMU and needs a good OB/GYN in the area. Any suggesions? Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete