Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why, God?

I don't really know how to rate myself on the scale of spiritual maturity. I used to think I was, comparatively, pretty 'mature' in my faith...at least for my age. But it seems like the older I get, the more and more I realize how 'immature' in my faith I really am. I grew up with an incredible pastor, and several really great spiritual mentors. They taught me so much, and guided me through a lot of the tough issues of Christianity. I have then been able to use some of this knowledge to explain to others and even help answer some of those harder questions, like "why do bad things happen to good people?" But the bottom line is, this world sucks sometimes. There are tragedies happening everyday, everywhere. And people are suffering--in the Congo, and in Bryan/College Station. And so many times my response, is "Why God?!" I know He is a perfect God, and His Grace and Love are perfect too. It's not that I doubt Him, I just don't understand His permissible will. And my heart just breaks when I see and hear about people having to live through their real-life nightmares. Anwyway, my mind and soul have been a little heavy lately, I just needed to get that out.....

Now I would just like to ask this: Do you see a pattern here?






This is my life!! HELP!! Speaking of issues with God, why did He give me the easy, quiet baby first, and save the crazy, high maintenance one for last?!? (I do blame some of this on my best friend, who I think prayed for me to have higher maintenance children the 2nd and 3rd time around....jealousy issues :) It feels like crying is just a hobby for Adelyn--because she seems to do it ALL the time, just for fun! Wow.

To be fair, every once in awhile, she does look like this..


Either way, she is so stinkin' cute and I love her. (and for those who have known me for a long time...notice how this chic is wearing hair bows/flowers in 4 out of 5 pictures!!! Who knew I would turn out like this? :)

4 comments:

  1. I kind of felt like that with Joel. I don't remember him crying so much as not sleeping unless he was being held, in his swing, or in the bouncy seat. And we had to rotate through those options, too. I am sorry that she is crying so much! I know that can be hard. How are Caleb and Ellie handling the crying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there.... I really know how you feel. Regardless of how bad it seems right now, it will pass and you will really not remember how bad it was. If you need a break, call me, it will bring back a few memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God allowed you to have her as your #3 because if you had her as your #1, you may not have decided to have #2 or #3... :)

    Hang in there!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's just get one thing straight, I never actually, truly "prayed" that you would have a high maintenance child. But, the jealousy part was definitely true.

    I am sorry it's so crazy for you right now!! Praying for you and love you!!

    ReplyDelete