Monday, July 13, 2009

Forts, vacation and other random thoughts....

First, I would like to thank God for the miracle He gave me today at the grocery store. Who in their right mind goes to HEB on a Monday at 5:00pm, with THREE crazy kids?!? Well, we did! And it was only because after being gone for a week on vacation, we literally only had ketchup, sour cream and salsa in our refrigerator. But God was so gracious to us! As I pushed one cart with Ellie and Adelyn in it, Caleb pushed the other cart with all of our groceries...and and hour and a half later, we emerged VICTORIOUS! So, props to you God!

In other news, we had an amazing time in New Mexico. We traveled there with my sisters and parents to see my extended family in Las Cruces. They are awesome, godly people, that are so loving and gracious to us. It was such a blessing to see them. And such a blessing to carry on some of our traditions that we had growing up, like going to the mountains in Cloudcroft (where I REALLY want to live some day!) and to White Sands--every kid's dream! Some of my favorite pictures from the trip...


We were all so happy to be together and enjoying God's beautiful creation!


Aunt Lisa and the kids enjoying the cool mountain spring!


He is so freakin' cute!


Such a pretty girl!


My beautiful, silly sisters, finding themselves a hairy, mountain man! :)


All of us enjoying White Sands....well, not ALL of us! :)


Caleb and I riding down the dunes together....so much fun!

And I must dedicate a small part of this post to our pre-vacation fort! It was one of the best forts we've ever had here at the Skow Hacienda...and we've had many! It was complete with two rooms, air conditioning, and much laughter.




And finally, Ellie has begun the long journey of womanhood....well, not really. But she did get her toes painted for the first time last week, and fortunately and unfortunately, she LOVED it! Now the lifetime of 'primping' begins!

My little angel...

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had a great time on your vacation. I am glad that it all went well for all involved! :)

    I just love the picture of Caleb on the bridge and then the one of all of the girls in the sand. Too cute and funny!

    Hope to see you all soon!

    (Oh, are those pj's Ellie is wearing when she is sitting in the fort? If so, where did you get them?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like you are having a fun summer too! you can bring ellie over to my house for pedicures whenever you want. I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, i can't believe little lisa is all grown up!! and she turned into such a beautiful young lady!

    love all the pictures! you're kiddos are gorgeous and look just like you!

    ReplyDelete