Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I HATE POTTY TRAINING!!

So, just a few rantings...and a prayer request.

1-I REALLY HATE potty training. I think I put Ellie on the potty 562 times yesterday. The praise is that she peed on the potty 5 of those times, and had no accidents in her panties. So, I consider it a successful day. However, she still has not pooped...so I'm thinking there is troubled waters ahead (if you know what I mean). But I now feel like my life and ALL my life's activities revolve around the 562 times I'm taking Ellie to the potty, and the 132 times a day I'm nursing the baby. (and sometimes these activities are going on simultaneously!!)

2-I hope I'm not the only one who uses my older children as indentured servants. I am always asking Caleb, and now sometimes Ellie, to "get mommy a diaper", "get mommy the wipes", "hand mommy her phone", etc. Well, yesterday, I asked Ellie to go grab me a diaper for Adelyn, and she responded to me with her head cocked to the side, "What da maggic wood, Mommy?" At first, i didn't realize what she was saying, but then I realized she was busting me on my manners, and I had to say the magic word! :)

3-The next person who checks our blog is the 1,000th viewer! That's exciting!!

4-On a more important note, there is a sweet couple at our church who just had their little baby boy, two and a half months early. He is not doing well, and has fluid on his little brain. The precious little thing is fighting for his life. Please, if you will, pray for him and his family. His name is RJ and his parents are Rebekah and Robert. Thank you.

My little Super Heroes!


Our spontaneous adventure to Lake Conroe...super cool dinner (my husband is so cute!)

4 comments:

  1. I hope the potty training will get easier. Just think, it will happen. As my doctor reminded me when we were going through this stage.....How many adults do you know that are not potty trained???? She will get it! Hang in there!

    I will be praying for your friends from church.... very sad... Where are they right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading your posts! They make me laugh and realize I'm not the only one with crazy small children! Good luck with the potty training...we're going to start soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can relate on so many levels. it's amazing how many things one can do while nursing a baby. sometimes i think ellie wants to sit on the potty while i'm nursing just to watch me maneuver it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so excited we arent having children for a long time...at least we dont plan on having them! haha. Sounds fun on some level, though!

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete