Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Uniquely Beautiful Event

I LOVE ministering to women. It is not just a passion of mine, but a calling that God has put on my life. So, it was an honor and privilege to be able to help in planning and organizing our church's first ever "women's event." It was like a 'mini-conference' for women of our community. Our theme was Uniquely Beautiful. Our team wanted to remind women how beautiful and valuable we all are in Christ. We started planning in May and it all culminated last Friday night. It was a labor of love! And I must admit: it was a HUGE success. God blessed our efforts and then showed up in a BIG way that night to touch many hearts. We had over 250+ women there! And everything was perfect...the music, the message, the decorations, the food....everything! (well, except one letter "A" that I glued on crooked on one of the banners :)

I hope that God chooses to bless me with more opportunities to involve myself in these kinds of events for the rest of my life. So fun and so meaningful! Here are just a few pictures from the night:

Fun colors and goodie bags for everyone.....and can you see the crooked A in the background?! Grrr

Amazing worship...and yes, look at that Hottie on the stage... :) Love that musical man.

Fun door prizes....all presented in cute 31 bags! Joy did an awesome job with all the fun stuff!

God blessed us through Leslie, our fearless leader for the event (and pastor's wife) and my sweet friend, Dawn, who had some incredible things to share about her 'larger than life' life!

This is my dear friend, Kristen and I doing our 'comedy routine'/announcements at the end! Man, I love it when someone gives me a microphone! :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have attended! It looks like it went smashingly!!

    ReplyDelete