Thursday, October 6, 2011

Caleb's Big Day

In most circles, I know that bragging is not appropriate. But I figure our family blog is the most appropriate place for me to gush about my kiddos....

Today, I am particularly proud of our sweet Caleb Wayne. At school today, he was awarded a "Golden Gator" award. A "Golden Gator" is given for 'extraordinary citizenship'. It is only awarded to two kids in every class, every six weeks. This year, instead of the teacher choosing, the class voted for who they thought deserved the award. When his teacher presented Caleb with the award at the assembly, she gave him several sweet compliments. It was awesome! Caleb has actually received this award at the 1st six weeks ceremony every year he has been in school! Like every mom, I think Caleb is the coolest kid in the world. And I think God uses Caleb in very special ways, to love on people and point others to himself.

Then, Caleb had a football game tonight. It was a challenging one, but our team was able to play hard, and tie the game. Caleb played VERY hard, and made our only 2 touchdowns. The first one was when he caught an interception on the 10 yard line, and then ran all the way back to score. He had a great night!

Needless to say....the boy had a good day! I couldn't be prouder!!

Being called to the front by his awesome teacher, Mrs. H!


One of the most exciting parts...getting your picture with the Gator!

We are all so proud of him!! The girls don't really look like it in the picture....but they were proud of their Bubba too! :)
Our team is the 49ers this year- a great group of boys!

My sweet feet!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Caleb! How awesome that he has received the Golden Gator every year!!

    ReplyDelete