Sunday, July 8, 2012

Family Fun Day

It seems like we have been consumed with preparation for Uganda for many weeks.  There have been MILLIONS of errands, along with hours of washing, packing, buying, researching, obsessing, etc.  So, Dawson and I decided that today would be dedicated to our kids....to having as much fun with them as possible.  The WHOLE day!  And it was awesome!

This morning, we all walked down to our neighborhood park.  Dawson and I played with the kids...actually played, not just sat on the bench and watched them play.  Dawson and Caleb threw around the football, while the girls and I ran around on the playscape and played 'Barbie camp out.'  Then we all took turns swinging.  It was a very pleasant start to our day!

Next, we took the kids to watch "Madagascar 3".  It was cute!  Even Adelyn was entertained, and sat through most of the movie.  We spoiled them with popcorn, candy and soda.  We all enjoyed the full experience!

We let them skip naps today (which is a BIG deal in the Skow household) and we all went swimming at the public pool instead!  It was like a dream come true for them....to trade-in naps for swimming! :)  It was a super fun time, not too crowded.  And my precious baby girl is now swimming!  I almost started crying when I saw her swimming in the pool today.  I can't believe how big she is getting!!!

After a quick Sonic run, we came home, changed clothes and took them to Chuck-E-Cheese for supper!  This obnoxious establishment is usually only reserved for birthday treats, so they were pretty excited about eating with ChuckE!  Pizza, games and a weird, giant mouse....what more could a kid want?? :)

We ended the day with a round of baths and some good, quality story time!  Ellie wanted me to read, "Mommy and Me" tonight.  It took everything I had to not start crying when she handed me the book. I am determined to not let my sadness about leaving them spill over on them.  However....I'm sure they were all wondering why I hugged them each about 472 times today.

I didn't take any pictures of our "Family Fun Day"....which actually was kind of nice.  To be just a participant in my kids' lives.  Not a photographer.  Not an overseer.  Just a participant today.  But I will include some of my recent favorites of my sweet babies.

whew....handing them off to Nonny tomorrow is going to be hard.

 My beautiful, little mermaids

 From one of the MANY concerts that we have had lately :)

One of my very favorites from the VBS mustache series :)


 My precious little helper...helping me 'mow the grass'!

 
And my handsome, fellow gardener

2 comments:

  1. So thrilled that you and Dawson are making the trip to Uganda. I will be faithful to pray for you when The Spirit quickens you to my heart. I look forward to hearing how God moves in your lives and through your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day! I am praying for Dawson and you as well as your little ones.

    ReplyDelete