Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Exciting and Disgusting!!

So, this is entry is going to be pretty scattered and random....I do apologize.

First, motherhood is such an amazingly awesome thing! Watching your babies accomplish goals and triumph over difficulties is one of the best feelings ever! Two recent examples: Adelyn is trying to crawl. And every time she gets up on all fours, and tries to move forward.....you would think she was about to walk on the moon. I feel so excited for her, and cheerlead her as much as I can. The anticipation of her accomplishing this trick, and finally learning how to crawl is a big thing for her and for me. Also, Caleb had his first official football game on Monday night. It was sooooo long, but super fun! His little team, "Da Bears" (does anyone remember that SNL skit?!) won their game, 24-12. And Caleb scored one of their four touchdowns! Again, you would've thought he won the Nobel Peace prize! I was so happy for him! He was so proud of himself--he just beamed. And my heart burst for him! I've never been much into sports, other than Aggie football (mostly due to my COMPLETE lack of athletic ability!) but I'm really enjoying cheering on my kid in his little endeavors! (but i vow to myself and to God, to never become one of those crazy 'athletic parents'...those people scare me)

Now, on to the disgusting.....which we all know is another huge part of motherhood. I'm almost embarrassed to share this with the world, but that's obviously not going to stop me. Adelyn is now 7 months old, and her whole world changes from week to week--how she moves, how she can communicate, what she eats....and what is coming out of her other end. So, a few days ago, I was changing her 53rd dirty diaper of the day, and I noticed something very foreign in the contents. It was super stinky, but I was concerned about what was in her poop. I tried just to obverve and hypothesize from afar, but no....I couldn't quite tell, so I had to just dig in. Yes, I was digging in my child's poop to investigate what was in it!! Come to find out, it was paper! I think it was part of a paper towel that she had somehow consumed. But as I was digging in nasty, stinky poop--I kept thinking to myself how disturbing it was, but how is was not so abnormal for the life of a mom. Wow.

And last, but not least, my sweet Ellie, who instead of almost being three, is now almost 16. She and I have fought many battles here lately, but she is constantly cracking me up. Dawson and I are always TRYING to remind our kids of their manners--"say please", "what's the magic word?", "what do you say?" etc. So, the other day at lunch, Ellie had asked me to do something for her, and thankfully, she'd remembered to say please. But apparently she was not satisfied with my response, because she said, "Mommy, you need to say 'yes, ma'm to me." She's apparently confused about who rules the roost! :)

Now, some cute pics of the aforementioned kiddos.....











WE ARE SO BLESSED!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Caleb! He looks like he is having so much fun while playing. He is obviously a natural athlete....I know you are very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete