Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Is it Christmas break yet?!?

Holy Cow! Having a kid in school is exhausting! You would think that it would be less exhausting, since seven of my waking hours are now minus one kiddo, but somehow this is not true. Getting up every morning at 6:00am.....or let me rephrase that, getting five people up every morning at 6:00am is crazy! And then rearranging every single part of our day--eating and napping and running errands, etc--around the drop off and pick up is a big change! I will say that it is a lot quieter around this house during the day...but can't write anymore about that without these tears in my eyes starting to roll down my cheeks.
I just wanted to say that I had no idea how tiring this new phase was going to be.

And I have to also make this observation....is it bad when you get to suppertime, and you realize you've eaten THREE different kinds of chips that day?!? What does that say about my diet?!? (baked lays w/grilled cheese for lunch, tortilla chips w/salsa for afternoon snack and then doritos w/hot dog for supper) Wow. I'm ashamed.

In other news, Adelyn had her 6 month well-check today (a week late) and she weighed 20 lbs 10 oz!!! This is the size of most 3 year old Amazon children.....well, not really. But she is big! However, she is also 27 1/2 in long, so the doctor said she is perfectly proportionate. :) (and perfect in most other ways too!)

Last memory to record for today....last night, Ellie was saying one of her marathon prayers, where she thanks God for every one in our family at least three times, and starts to repeat things over and over. So, after she had said, "and thanks God for me, me, me, me...." at least five or six times, I whispered, "And Amen". Ellie then sat up straight in bed, looked at me, and said in her big girl voice, "Mommy, please be quiet, I'm trying to pray." Of course, I had to apologize, and settle for listening to a few more minutes of emphatic praying.:)


Beautiful and Sassy!


Caleb with his teacher--he loves her!

4 comments:

  1. Shame on you for interrupting your daughter's prayer time! ;) That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't even imagine waking up 5 people at 6 in the morning!! it's hard enough waking myself and Dan up some mornings lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get the hang of it, Michelle! I know it's hard. Being a school mom totally kicks my butt to be disciplined. I have been avoiding discipline since the day I took my last college final, and going back to the beginning sucks. BUT!!! It's so good for me, and it helps organize the rest of my life. All the best as you tackle one more day, and one more, and then it will be SATURDAY again. And I hope to see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the expression on Ellie's sweet face in the picture of her holding Addie. What a treasure that one is! What an answered prayer that Caleb loves his teacher. :) I will continue to pray for your sweet family and that Christmas break does hurry up and get here!

    ReplyDelete