Saturday, October 10, 2009

Golden Gator & Farm Flu

This week has been eventful, to the say the least. First, I must brag on my son. He was honored with the "Golden Gator award" at his first Awards Assembly this past Thursday. They give this award for being the sweetest, coolest, bestest kid in the class (well, that's not exactly the description....but that pretty much sums it up! :)
We were soooo proud of him! And he was pretty proud of himself too...but I think he would've been more excited had there been a new toy or ice cream involved! :)





However, just a day after he received his award, Caleb came down with the H1N1 flu. And by the way, I hate calling it swine flu....that's just not very attractive. So, that's why I'm either calling it H1N1 or the Farm Flu. Caleb's been a champ, and hasn't felt too bad except for the fever and an annoying cough. But this morning, Ellie woke up with a fever of 101.5. So, here we go again. I have a feeling Adelyn is not too far behind, because she's not acting like herself either! :( Please pray for healing for our little ones, and strength and stamina for the nurses here at the Skow Clinic. I'm feeling a little ragged already with just one patient, much less three. And I think we are all getting a bad case of cabin fever!

Here are some cute pictures of Ellie Faith, before the epidemic hit....


Doesn't she look like a snake charmer....I thought the panties with the rubber boots was a good look! :)


And this is her playing in the rain....no, mommy was not at home during these activities...


But it sure looks like she had a lot of fun!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Caleb......That is great for him to have gotten an award. It just proves what a great kiddo you have!

    So Sorry about yall being sick right now. I am desperately trying to get Emily and Luke the H1N1 shot , no luck so far.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Caleb! I know how proud you both are of him - and you should be!!

    I love Ellie's fashion sense!

    Hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really am proud of Caleb for this award! I can only imagine how hard it must be for a bright, inquisitive chap such as himself to earn the coveted Golden Gator! And as I said in my post, from my experience, it's tough to earn. So way to go, Caleb!

    I hope you all are getting over the Farm Flu now. Jim says the people coming into the free clinics are calling it the Hiney (H1N1=HINI) flu. But I think I like your name better. I'm going to have to sit around wondering when it will be our turn, since I'm sure we will get a turn.

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete