Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Day of Mother's Day Out

I know that I haven't posted & memorialized Caleb's first day of FIRST GRADE yet (still can't believe my baby is in 1st grade?!) But those pictures were accidentally taken on the 'internal memory' of our camera, and I haven't quite figured out how to get them from there to here!

Ellie's first day of Mother's Day Out was last week. She is going only one day per week from 9:30-1:30pm. And I have to admit that I've had some issues reconciling sending her there. I mean, didn't I quit my job so I could stay at home with my children?! But while this is true, I'm realizing all the benefits to letting Ellie go to "school" for a few hours a week. 1-She LOVES it...mainly because it makes her feel like a big kid, like her Bubba. 2-I'm hoping for it to help her with obeying authority figures other than her parents....she struggles with this quite a bit :) 3-I think it'll be good for her socially as well. She is not a total extrovert, like her aforementioned brother. She tends to be more of a loner at times. Basically, she might just need a little more practice interacting with 'friends' and last, but not least 4- It does help me help her to be a little more exposed to the academic side of life....like numbers, letters, etc.

So, now that I feel better about justifying this new venture of ours...... :) Here are some picture of my MDO cutie!!


Love that face expression!

Loving her new lunchbox

Getting ready to go!
The motley crew in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment