Tuesday, January 24, 2012

8 years old

If I had to point to the one single moment that changed my everyday life, in the most incredible and tangible way, it would have to be the moment Caleb Wayne Skow was born. Becoming a mom for the first time was the most life-changing moment I've ever had. Having a baby somehow instantly changes you--changes you on the inside and out! I can't believe it has been 8 years since that moment!

Caleb turned 8 years old yesterday! We have been celebrating since Saturday, when he had his football party. He had a football party last year, but when I asked him what he wanted, he decidedly wanted football AGAIN! I LOVE so many things about this child, and one is that he is easily entertained!!

The party was super fun. We had all of our family in town (we have the MOST AWESOME family EVER!) and he invited over some of his closest buddies. They ate cookie cake, opened presents, practiced football drills and then played a rousing game of flag football. Caleb was in heaven!

I have really enjoyed looking back on these "birthday posts" and remembering sweet things about each of the kids. So, for this year, I'm going to do...

MY FAVORITE 8 THINGS ABOUT CALEB WAYNE....
1. I love that he already loves the Lord, and thinks of Him daily.
2. I love that he has a kind, gentle and sensitive spirit.
3. I admire the ways he is so accepting of people and friendly, no prejudices.
4. I adore the way he loves his sisters! Best Big Brother EVER!
5. I love that he loves music-- he is an awesome dancer and singer!
6. I cherish the fact that he will still snuggle with me, and give me hugs and kisses.!(please God, let that continue forever!)
7. I love that he is funny! He makes me laugh every day!
8. I love that he loves to play football and shoot nerf guns, but he also loves to read a good book and watch Tangled with his sisters!

I am so blessed to be this kid's mom. Thank you God for all the amazing blessings that you have showered upon him in his first eight years. I pray that your Grace and Mercy will continue to cover his life, with safety, good health, kind friends, and a growing faith.

He requested 'cookie cake' this year. It was super easy and super yummy!

Chowin' down and having some intellectual conversation. :)

He was blessed with awesome presents...but his best reaction was to his new iPod shuffle.

His three favorite guys...Daddy, Uncle Clint and Uncle AJ were the heroes of the day!

Seemed like all the boys loved 'warming up' this way! Too cute!

Happy as a lark!

Serious strategizing!




the birthday boy and his Pawpaw, working on Legos together. Precious!

We are so blessed to celebrate birthdays with all of our family!! Love these people!

The REAL birthday...a quick, but fun celebration at church!


No comments:

Post a Comment