Saturday, March 10, 2012

4 months from today....


Four months from today, God willing, I am going to be on a plane that will land in Entebbe, Uganda.

8, 500 miles away from my home in College Station.

For someone who has never been out of the country, and really only been out of the great state of Texas a handful of times, this almost seems unbelievable.

In my circle of friends, going on mission trips to foreign countries is not a 'foreign concept.' :) ha! So, I almost feel weird about making a big deal about it around some of them. But for me, it is a big deal. A very BIG deal. A very exciting, scary, wonderful, life-changing deal.

I have a feeling that there will be many more posts to come about this journey to Africa. Many more posts indeed.

So, for now, I am praying for these next four months. For God's peace and provision for our trip. And for God to prepare my heart and mind for what I will experience when I get off that plane.

1 comment: