Monday, May 19, 2008

New addition


So, Dawson and I still aren't sure whether God wants us to have more children yet. Some days, I'm sure that I am meant to have more babies--I have easy pregnancies, I love being pregnant and I absolutely ADORE our children. However, there are other days when I'm sure I can't even handle the two angels we already have! Therefore, we decided to get a dog! We figured if we can handle two kids and a puppy, then maybe we can handle three kiddos someday. :) Our newest baby is a miniature schnauzer. She is seven weeks old and she is from Paris......really. (Paris, Texas of course) Her name is Maggie and our kids LOVE her. In fact, when we were coming home from church on Sunday, Caleb announces from the back seat, "I love you THIS much, Mommy." He says this as he stretches his arms out as far as they can go. I told him thank you and that I loved him that much too. He then says, "I love Daddy that much too." I say, "Me too, Doodlebug." He then adds, "But do you know who I love the best of all?" I smile to myself, because I am sure that my holy son, who just finished with church, is obviously about to tell me that he loves God the best of all. So I confidently ask, "Who?" And without hesitation, Caleb, just as confidently responds, "My puppy!" :)

5 comments:

  1. What a cute puppy! Keep us posted on how the experiment goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Glad that all worked out for you. I LOVED getting to see you last Friday. Wish we had more days like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know my LOVE for dogs and all, BUT I have to admit, the puppy is really cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, friend, you're blogging! wa-hoo! now I want to know how, in one month of blogging, you have had more comments than I have in all the time I have been pouring my heart out on these pages.

    and, cute puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. myspace AND a blog. you are so much cooler than i am. don't know how you do it! even before you are a stay-at-home-mom, too! and i agree--we need a better name than that for ourselves. when you think of one, let me know so i can copy it. love the picture of maggie and the story about caleb! kids!!! :)

    ReplyDelete