Monday, December 1, 2008

Bodily Functions


Before becoming a mom, I never thought that my life would be so preoccupied, even revolve around, bodily functions. But as many of you moms know, when you have a child, their bodliy functions--spitting up, burping, tooting, peeing, pooping, etc--become a big part of your life. You obviously clean up after them; you observe, dissect and even sometimes journal about them; you even talk about them...sometimes during casual dinner conversation. Well, in light of this truth, I have to say that I now find myself blogging about them. I apologize to those who are still sensitized to this subject, or even feel that they are above such topics--but I must announce......ELLIE POOPED IN THE POTTY TODAY!!! Yeah! Hooray! Praise the Lord! We have been waiting for this event for months now. My sweet girl has loved sitting on the potty for quite awhile, but she has never--until this day--done anything while sitting there. FINALLY-this morning, the potty miracle occured. From all of the celebratory shouts in our house, you would've thought we won the lottery. :) Even her Bubba was excited for her, and joined in the jubilation. Of course, this is only one isolated event, but at least we've made progress. I just felt it appropriate to make note of such a landmark. :)

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! And yes, it's something only other mommy's (I guess parents, actually) understand...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, yea, hip hip hooray!!! Great progress, Ellie! She is well on her way to being potty trained!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!!! This morning I was on the phone discussing Rooster's potty habits (which is how I deal with this stage of my life), when to my amazement he got up, went into the bathroom, and pooped on the potty all on his own initiative!

    Yay, Ellie! We celebrate with ya'll!

    ReplyDelete