Saturday, February 28, 2009

Praising God in the Fog

Hallelujah--she's here!! Adelyn Lively Skow was born February 24th at 1:09pm. She weighed 9lbs 2oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. Big girl! She is absolutely perfect in every way. She has been struggling with some jaundice, and had to stay in the hospital an extra day under the lights because of it. The hospital kicked me out of my room after my 'allotted time', so Dawson and I had to camp out in waiting rooms and in our car for those last 24 hours that Adelyn had to stay for the light therapy. It sucked pretty bad. The worst part was not getting to hold her except for the 30 minute feedings we were allowed every 3 hours. Dawson and I both hated being away from her during that time, but we are at home now!! Praise God! We are still having to go back and do bloodwork and doctor visits for a few days, but it is so much better than being in the hospital.

Now, we have officially entered the 'after baby fog'. Ya know, the days and weeks that follow when you are so sleep deprived that your brain feels like it is in a constant fog. I would love to be posting an eloquent, poetic entry about the miraculous birth of this baby girl and giving God all the glory for all of the answered prayers....but that will have to wait for a different day. For right now, I just want to post some of my favorite pictures from the past week.

Our first meeting


introductions


Forever her protector


Ellie's favorite new baby doll


a memory of our yucky light therapy


My beautiful new daughter

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Thanks for posting the pictures in the midst of the fog. (I do remember the fog!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys are home and getting to just HOLD your baby!! She is GORGEOUS!!! Love ya'll so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO beautiful! I am so glad that she is doing better and you all can now enjoy her at home. I will call and check on you this week. If you need anything, PLEASE call me anytime, I would love to help in anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how much she already looks like she has changed since Day 1. She is just absolutely beautiful. I'm praying for you all. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious gift from God. She is perfect and already looks cozy with her new brother and sister! Such special times. We are praying for you all and are here for whatever you all may need! Love you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she's beautiful!! It is SUCH a miracle, isn't it!! A million congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fog... just ride it out... I am just barely beginning to feel the fog breaking up. I am thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh isn't the sleep deprivation fog wonderful! ;) She's beautiful! Thanks for the pictures and I'm glad to hear that she's doing better!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete