Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Breathing Deeply

Thank you to all of my sweet friends who have sent encouraging words my way. They have been much appreciated. God held me together, and I made it til the end of last week in one piece.

This is a new week. And I am counting my many blessings. I feel like I am soaking the moments in with a renewed sense of gratitude. Amidst the continued busy schedule of football games, small group, 5K training, birthday parties, mounting laundry, and dwindling bank accounts, my heart feels lighter. I just hope that my dear Kristen can eventually feel God lightening her heart again as well.

As I've been thinking more about my kiddos, I have tried to notice the little things about each of them. The big things, and the silly things. Like Ellie loves to sing, and she is proud of her 'singing ability'. She also doesn't like macaroni n' cheese.....i don't know what is wrong with her! :) And Adelyn has started saying a lot more words lately, like 'light' 'yeah' and 'sonic'. Well, maybe she doesn't say Sonic quite yet, but she definitely knows to say "juice" every time she sees one! Caleb is so sweet and kind-spirited, but he is also a little self-righteous and scared of spiders.

I used to secretly wish that Ellie and Adelyn were more like Caleb. He has been a pretty easy kid to parent. And parenting would be so much easier if you could apply the same strategies you learned with the first kid to all of the other proceeding kids. However, it doesn't seem to work like that.

But I've decided that I like the variety of my children. I love the little things about them that make each of them different and unique. Even though it makes my job as their mommmy a little harder, it also makes it more adventuresome and fun.

Ellie enjoying her spaghetti lunch.....you gotta love this kid!

Caleb proudly showing the loss of his 1st tooth!

This is how I found Adelyn during her "nap" the other day.....is she related to her mama or what?! :)

Some sweet sister love

My three favorite people, at our new favorite getaway in Marble Falls.....more to come on that soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love those kiddos - can't wait to see all of you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete