Monday, August 1, 2011

Much Gratitude Monday

Both of my sisters used to make so much fun of me for having a blog...and now, my baby sister has started her own blog!! And I am so glad she did. It's hard having her live away from us, in another town, with a whole new life. So, I love that I can keep up with her better through her blog. You should totally check it out. It is taylorduo.blogspot.com. So cute!

Anyway, she did a post today that inspired me. She wrote a list of 50 things that she is grateful for, and I want to follow in her example. And like she said, because of God's overwhelming goodness in my life, my list could be a lot longer than 50, but here is goes: (not necessarily in any particular order!)

I am so incredibly grateful for....

1. my God--my Father and Creator
2. His Son, Jesus, who loved me enough to save me from my sin
3. the Holy Spirit, who gets me through everyday with His peace and guidance
4. Dawson Wayne, the love of my life and my ROCK
5. Caleb Wayne, my helper and the main source of joy in my life
6. Ellie Faith, my sweet little girl, who teaches me about compassion
7. Adelyn Lively, my little firecracker who helps me laugh at the world
8. my sisters--Tracy and Lisa, who keep me grounded and love me anyway
9. Mom, my living example of selflessness
10. Dad, who taught me how to work hard and have confidence
11. air condition!!
12. a comfortable, spacious house
13. a working mini-van that has AIR CONDITION :)
14. a constant flow of food in my pantry
15. my stinky, sinky couch
16. mountains, they are magical
17. my Grandma, who taught me about unconditional love
18. my clothes, even the ones I can't fit into :)
19. chips and salsa...my favorite food group (and why I can't fit into a lot of my clothes! :)
20. my church family
21. books--I love reading books
22. Beth Shaver, my first best friend, who taught me about kindness
23. Texas, the greatest state God ever made :)
24. my college education, one of the greatest gifts my parents ever gave me
25. the smell of rain
26. Malisa Ann Schrib, more my sister than my friend
27. our back yard, so full of fun and adventure
28. our Freedom
29. sweet, thoughtful, easy-going in-laws
30. Zumba!! :)
31. God's Holy Word
32. the fact that His Holy Word is so easily available to me
33. kissing
34. Maggie, our crazy, stinky, lovey-dovey dog
35. purses and bags...I love them! the more colorful, the better!
36. Mexican food
37. my Mamaw and Pawpaw, who loved us so much they wanted to drink tea with us every day
38. my Mamaw's sweet tea
39. White Sands, New Mexico, another magical place FULL of sweet memories
40. Dawson's sexy facial hair :)
41. the most awesome small group that loves us and supports us and prays for us
42. Holly, my sunshine
43. MOPS, a meaningful ministry in my life
44. music--to worship with, to dance to, to calm my anxiety
45. ABS, where I met some of the most incredible people on the planet
46. cheerleaders--the real ones, like Krista and Janna, who lift me up
47. SONIC, my happy place
48. good sex :)
49. my children's laughter
50. our good health

And the list could go on....but that was enough to set my heart in the right place for now. All Glory to you, God!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Michelle!! I love your list! (Good thing I made the cut!) Can't wait to see you in 4 short days!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete