Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"Rubber, Meet Road." Part 1

As we get closer and closer to the BIG day, my heart and mind seem to be riding on a roller coaster of emotion.  How someone can be excited and overjoyed one day and then scared to death the next day all about the same trip, I do not know?!?  So, God and I continue to talk and work things out.   Tonight, He reminded me of something very simple, but very important.

At our 1st Wednesday service tonight, we were singing a worship song by Gungor, and the words are...

Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord
the earth is yours
THE EARTH IS YOURS

Simple words.  Incredible truth.  The earth....the WHOLE EARTH is HIS!  Somehow I think I have been forgetting this.  Almost subconsciously, I have been thinking that I was going to leave God here in America.  And then I would be in Uganda, by myself, defenseless, and left to chance and parasites. :) Isn't that stupid?  But it was so good to be reminded that the whole earth is God's...and that His sovereignty includes Jinja, Uganda. 

This is only one of the big truths that God has been really teaching me about....more to come. 


1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I've been on that roller coaster with each international trip I've been on. God is good and I've never regretted going on any of the trips. What He's taught me through traveling to other cultures is priceless. Really opens your eyes. When do you leave? I want to be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete