Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The theme song for this week


God knew what He was doing when He matched Dawson and I up. Dawson not only loves music, but he is also very gifted in music.  I can't sing very well, and I don't really play any instruments, but I have music in my heart. Music means a lot to me. And God speaks to me a lot through music.

Even though I LOVE the worship songs that we sing at church, it seems more often the songs that God brings to my mind/heart when I need comfort or encouragement are old songs...ones that I sang as a young believer. This is the song that God has placed in my heart this week. (a continuation of His sermon series in my life right now)  When I looked up all the verses, I had no idea just how appropriate it was for this season. Here are some of the beautiful lyrics:

When we walk with the Lord
in the light of his word,
what a glory he sheds on our way!
While we do his good will,
 he abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey,
for there's no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Then in fellowship sweet
we will sit at his feet,
or we'll walk by his side in the way;
what he says we will do, 
where he sends we will go; 
never fear, only trust and obey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment