Friday, January 8, 2010

Truly Happy

Today at work, God reminded me about how my life is not about my happiness and my comfort. My life is supposed to be about His glory and trying to live like Jesus. I truly believe that. However, my God is so awesome, and He allows me to experience happiness quite often. Some of my favorite happy moments lately......
...getting to rock Adelyn to sleep, and holding her as long as I can as she sleeps on my chest.
...sitting in front of the fire on a cold night with a cup of hot cider.
...loving on Ellie right when she wakes up, while her hair is still crazy and she wants to cuddle.
...sitting in church with Dawson's arm around me.
...having a quiet, relaxed dinner of homeade soup with my two beautiful sisters.
...crawling/chasing after Adelyn and hearing her giggle with excitement
...going to Sonic with just me and Caleb and talking about his day at school.
...getting to hear my best friend's voice, and catch up for a few precious minutes.

These things make me so happy! Thank you God!! And some pictures of other happy moments..

Jammin' out to the new Princess music--Caleb's gettin down with the stanky leg :)

Dawson's Poppo with his great-grandkids...so sweet!

Caleb and me with our new bikes...can't wait to go riding with him! Don't you like my temporary helmet!! :)

Catching Adelyn in the middle of a laugh.....so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet moments! I had one of those this morning making fudge with Joel. It was even more fun to watch him try to eat all of the scrapings from the bowl once we were done.

    ReplyDelete