Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Firstborn

This is super late, but my blog motto is always Better Late than Never! I'm sure years from now, I'll just be grateful I chronicled the milestones at all.....right?!

At the end of January, Caleb Wayne turned 7 years old! It was also my 7th Mom-iversary! I can't believe my baby is already 7. My Mamaw was so right when she used to tell me that the years go by faster as you get older. She was a wise woman.

One of Caleb's few passions is football. He loves playing it with his Daddy and his friends. He even already likes watching it on TV. He already knows more about the sport than I do. So, needless to say, he wanted a "Football party!" God blessed us with beautiful weather that day, so we had a great time watching/playing football.







A little "Ode to Caleb".....
God definitely gave me my easiest child first. Caleb has been a total delight ever since the day he came into our lives. He is my sweet, sweet boy with a heart of gold. He is the best big brother I could have ever dreamed of for his sisters. He is a champion for any underdog. And the white boy thinks he's a gangsta!?! :) He loves to rap, beat box, and break dance. When he goes outside to play with his friends on our street, he always puts his cap on sideways, walks outside with his deuces held up, saying, "What up?!" He's funny, he's smart, he's sweet. For better or worse, he got his mama's looks and his Daddy's gentle spirit. He's a hoot!

Presents are always easier to open with the help of a sister and a cousin!

Some of Caleb's best little buddies

Caleb Wayne, You are my sunshine!

1 comment: