Monday, February 21, 2011

Two too soon!

This past weekend was Adelyn's birthday party. It was another Elmo party. We had a lot of fun spending time with our family and closest friends. Thankfully this party was more relaxed than some other kid parties I've tried to pull off. The only stressful part was the cake pops...but they turned out o.k. Not nearly as cool as "Bakerella's" but good enough!

Our sweet baby girl doesn't officially turn two until this Thursday. And I have to admit, I am dreading the day! I'm not ready for my little baby to be 2 years old!!! I want her to stay my sweet, squeezable, loveable little baby forever! Is that wrong? At times, it has been hard to watch all three of my babies grow up and change, but since she is the last one, I feel like I'm losing a part of my motherhood that I will never get back. I know that the days are numbered of when I can rock her and sing to her before she sleeps. Or when she will cry out for me from her crib and raise her hands up to me to rescue her. Or times I will carry her around on my hip, because she wants, "me up!" Oh my goodness, I am starting to cry right now just thinking about it. Holy Cow....I'm not ready for her to grow up.

A girl and her candle....

I think she liked the Elmo pops!

These two have such a sweet relationship...much love for each other!

Having fun in her cute Elmo dress!

The "Gran Girls" and their Granny!

Addie loves her Nonny very much!

She was blessed with many fun presents!

Getting wet and dirty with her buddies and Poppy!

God blessed us with perfect weather for back yard fun!

Two of our favorite girls....Aunt Leah and "Saw-Saw" :)

Some swing time with her Aunt Sissy (Lisa:) !

Mmmmm, that cake was good!
My precious little ragamuffin

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic birthday outfit and cute Elmo pops. Happy birthday Adelyn!

    ReplyDelete