Monday, April 9, 2012

3 Months


Exactly THREE months from today, I will be boarding a plane to Uganda. Some days, three months feels like a long time from now...other days, it seems just around the corner. I still have a hard time believing that I am ACTUALLY going to Africa. Me. In Africa. Bizarre.

For today, I am going to share with you some facts I have learned about Uganda:

1. The bird on the Ugandan flag is the Grey Crowned Crane. It is the national bird!

2. Forty different languages are regularly and currently used in Uganda. English is the official language, but the most widely spoken local language is Lugandan.

3. Yoweri Museveni is the President of Uganda. And has been for 25 years!

So tired! Can't do anymore research tonight. To be continued.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Michelle! What are you going to be doing there? I am reading "Kisses from Katie" and learning all about the Amazima ministry, are you working with those efforts?

    ReplyDelete