Tuesday, April 10, 2012

FUNNY things my kids said today!

Today was busier and crazier than usual. It was downright hectic! But my adorable children kept me laughing all day long.... and I wanted to write down their hilarity before I forget!!

Today, the girls and I had a picnic in the front yard for lunch. One of our nice neighbors drove by in her minivan. We waved at her, and then...
ELLIE: "She looks like she speaks Spanish."
Me: "No. I don't think so. She is Asian."
ELLIE: "What is Asian?"
Me: "It is means where her family came from, like China or Vietnam or other countries like that."
ELLIE: (confidently, as she sighs and tilts her head)"Mommy- people from China speak Spanish."
Me: "No, baby. I promise they don't. They speak Chinese."
ELLIE: "Well then what planets DO speak Spanish?"

There's more....:) We ran errands after school today. We were hurrying around, trying to get everything done before running home to get Caleb dressed and ready for his first baseball game of the season. At the last minute, Caleb spontaneously remembers that he needs white underwear to wear under his white baseball pants. We were almost home, and time was running out...
Me: "Oh my goodness! You're right! Where are we going to get you some white underwear? Hey- I think they sell white underwear at the Dollar Store! Let's just run over there real quick and get some."
Caleb: "I just had a nightmare!"
Me: "What?!?"
Caleb: "I just dreamed that you said you were going to buy me underwear from the Dollar Store. What did you really say?"

Ha ha ha!! Still laughing now!!

Last, but not least....
When we get to the dollar store, (yes! I bought my kid underwear at the dollar store!) there was a police car in the parking lot and the police officer was sitting in his car. So, I joked with the kids, as we got out of the car and told them they better be on their best behavior since a cop was there! Then, 10 minutes later, when we come out of the dollar store...
ELLIE: "The cop is gone! Whew!! (Big sigh!) Now we can act as bad as we want!!"

Where do they come up with this stuff?!? My kids are so funny!! I love that our life is FULL of laughter! Thank you, God!

2 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS! LOVE IT. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Justin and I laughed so hard at Caleb's story! He is one witty kid!!!

    ReplyDelete