Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Perspective


I have no problems. On the surface....life feels crazed. I have things swirling in my head constantly. As far as the ball juggling goes, I fear I have exceeded my capacity and ability. Those silly balls could come crashing down at any time.

But I have no problems.

For the part of service I was able to attend tonight...I sat behind a man and his sweet wife, and this man recently was told his cancer has hit stage 4. As I sang songs of worship to God, I prayed over and over. Please God, give him peace and strength. Give both of them your peace and strength. The stress that overwhelmed me earlier suddenly disappeared. My bank account, now huge. My relationships, perfect. All of my worries, gone. And the only thing that had changed was my perspective.

Perspective is an incredibly powerful thing. It changes idiots into heroes, bread into gold, and worries into blessings.

So, after a very long, and somewhat dizzying day, I am going to go to sleep, counting my blessings....

Thank you God for my good coffee this morning, and the quiet I enjoyed before the house woke up.

Thank you for the abundance of groceries in my kitchen right now.

Thank you for the sweet time of cuddling I enjoy with Caleb every morning, right after he wakes up and joins me in the living room.

Thank you for the arts & crafts time I had with the girls this morning...watching them get so excited about paint & glue makes the mess well worth it.

Thank you for the convenience of cell phones and computers, that help accomplish tasks easily and make communication within a team possible.

Thank you for a loving, caring husband that loves me.....and even likes me!

Thank you for my awesome church, made up of awesome people.

Thank you for your Word and Truth.

Thank you for loving me, and continuing to forgive me for my many faults.

And so many more......

No comments:

Post a Comment