Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lipstick and the bedside table!


So, I hesitated a little bit in writing this particular entry because of it's questionable nature. But I figured my mother-in-law doesn't really read this, and I think the only man who might occassionally see it is Dustin (who I think knows me well enough not to be shocked by the following material), so here it goes. A few days ago, Ellie found some old lipstick in my bathroom drawer and proceeded to give herself a make-over while Mommy was in the other room. It was cute, so I didn't get too upset. But then this morning, she got into something a little different. It was about 8:30am and I was typing at the computer, looking for campsites at Somerville, and I heard Ellie spitting behind me. Well, I turn around and see her with the KY Jelly bottle in her hand, and gook all over her face. Apparently, Ellie thought this jelly she had found on the bedside table was somehow related to the grape kind in the refrigerator, and she had squeezed some in her mouth. It wouldn't have been so bad if this hadn't been the KY WARMING gel....ya know, the kind that is supposed to tingle, but actually burns like the dickens. Needless to say, my baby's tongue was on fire! I quickly grabbed a big glass of water and poured it down her, while wiping her tongue profusely. She seemed to be fine. And I couldn't help but laugh hysterically, while trying to answer Caleb's questions about the questionable jelly. It was a great Mommy moment!

5 comments:

  1. One tube of lipstick...$5; One jar of KY jelly...$17; Daughter's tongue on fire because she ate the WARMING kind that her MOM bought...priceless!

    I am laughing my bottom off on this one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo funny! I am sure you will never forget this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure what is more disturbing...michelle feeding her daughter lube or missy buying a big enough jar of KY that it would cost $17!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record, I haven't bought any KY... I promise! But the warming stuff is expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That it hysterical. I used to use KY to "glue" tiny little bows in Elisabeth's hair when she was an infant. Someone at the hospital told me about it and it worked. Well when I went to purchase the KY to do this with, Target was out of the little tube. So...I had buy the giant tube. When I say giant I mean the thing was like 12 inches long. One day, I threw it in my purse to take with us so I could "glue" Elisabeth's bow in on the way there. I used it and tossed it bag in my purse not thinking much about it. Well some how my purse got spilled all over the floor next to me. I was mortified when I discovered the giant tube was on display for all to see.

    ReplyDelete