Thursday, August 20, 2009

BIG day

Today was a "BIG day" at the Skow hacienda. First, Adelyn performed two new tricks. She rolled from back to front, finally. She obviously has a lot more to roll than other babies. :) And then, she sat up by herself....as seen by these pictures.





Also, we had our very FIRST "Meet the Teacher" night at Caleb's new school. It was a surreal experience. Who knew those things were so crazy? It was total chaos up there. But we met his Kindergarten teacher, and she seemed very nice. I haven't quite sufficiently sized her up yet....she acted like she needed to talk to the other parents in the room too, for some reason. So, we shall see..... But Caleb seemed to like his new school. When asked what his favorite part of the night was, his answer was "the gym". :)

I also keep meaning to write down some tidbits of Ellie's sweet prayer a couple of nights ago. She cracks me up these days. She said, "My want to come see you, Jesus, because you a nice guy." (and she says it in such a way that sounds like either she or He has worked for the italian mafia) :) And then toward the end she adds, "And Jesus, my so proud of you for saving us." .....what can say to that?!? :)

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that things went well at the Meet the Teacher night. I agree, Meet the Teacher Night is a crazy night! I am assuming Caleb did not get either of the teachers we knew there, huh?? It is so hard to believe that Monday is just a few days from now. Stay strong! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to go Adelyn!! I have always thought things get a tad easier when kiddos can sit up by themselves.

    And, I am definitely praying for you guys about Monday. I know Caleb will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness...God certainly showered you all with an awesome day! Way to go baby Addie! She is such a sweet girl and her "Look at me...I'm so proud!" smile she is sporting.

    So glad Caleb is excited! We will be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete