Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some recent "Ellie-isms"

Oh the middle child.....

Last week, I was getting out of the shower and starting to get dressed in the bathroom (always with an audience) and Ellie and I started playing a little "i love you" game. We were saying things we loved about each other, and she said, "Mommy, I love your little bootie crack." Just as plain and straight-faced as if she had said she loved my smile or my face. It was hilarious....and I loved that she said 'little' bootie crack. :)

Then last night, we were all outside with family and most of them were playing baseball in the front yard (side note--it was HILARIOUS watching my Dad pitch, my Mom play 3rd base and my sister, Tracy, try over and over, and over again to hit the ball....good, cheap entertainment, but I digress...) Anyway, Ellie came up to me and asked me in the sweetest voice, "Mommy, come watch me ride my popcicle." So cute!

And finally, today, Ellie and I were looking at this cute, little, picture book together and there was a picture of an elephant boarding a circus train. Ellie pointed at the elephant's behind and said, "Look, Mommy, it's your bootie!" I laughed and then I spanked her!! :)




Singing her little heart out....

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, when i first saw the title of this post in the sidebar, i thought i'd accidentally posted one of my draft posts before it was ready. i seriously have a draft waiting to be posted that is titled "Ellie-isms" :-) i've been keeping track of some cute things there before i forget to write them down. that is so funny!

    i love the elephant booty thing! too cute!

    ReplyDelete