Sunday, November 22, 2009

Football and friends

Last week was Caleb's last week of his first football season. I say "first", because he is absolutely in love with the sport and wishes he could play football every day, so I'm sure we will be signing up for football again next year. It really was so fun watching him play on a little team. Even though having games twice a week made our family's evening schedule crazy, it was a fun thing to do as a family. And his team was actually pretty dang good...in my unbiased opinion. :) He was also awarded a trophy at his last game (everyone was...but that didn't make it any less special). The boy already has three trophies, which is more than I've gotten in my whole life!

Here is my little star...


Also, I have a favor to ask of you. One of my dearest friends from high school, Kristen, has a beautiful baby girl, Jordan, who is just a couple of months older than Adelyn. This past week, Kristen and her family found out that Jordan has stage 4 neuroblastoma. Jordan is scheduled for surgery tomorrow to remove her tumor and then will begin chemotherapy. Please join me in praying for strength, comfort, and healing for this sweet family. They live in New Jersey, so I feel like there is not a lot I can do to help. But prayer is so powerful, and I want to just absolutely cover them in it during this difficult time. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment