Monday, November 30, 2009

Grace Upon Grace

This Thanksgiving I was more aware than normal of how completely and totally blessed we are. I was reminded of a life-changing devotional I read in a book called "Grace for the Moment" by Max Lucado. The title of the short, but poignant entry was "Grace Upon Grace." I want to share it on my blog....more as a reminder to me than to anyone else.

I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens. Philippians 4:11

Test this question: What if God's only gift to you were his grace to save you? Would you be content? You beg him for this. You plead with him for that. What if his answer is, "My grace is enough." Would you be content? You see, from heaven's perspective, grace is enough. If God did nothing more than save us from hell, could anyone complain?...Having been given eternal life, dare we grumble at an aching body? Having been given heavenly riches, dare we bemoan earthly poverty?... If you have eyes to read these words, hands to hold this book, the means to own this volume, he has already given you grace upon grace.


Wow! I have been given grace, upon grace, upon grace.....to the infinite degree. I'm challenging myself, in this season of buying/giving/getting, to remember that I already have grace upon grace.

Pictures of some of my graces....

Me and my boyfriend spending the greatest getaway night at the Gaylord. Thanks to my awesome mother- & father-in-law!

Daddy and Adelyn at the Christmas parade in Ft. Worth

I have the sweetest bro- & sister-in-law in the world! And such cute neice and nephew too!!

The Fab Four watching Polar Express in 3-D.....so adorable!

Pure joy!

And the cutest baby IN THE WORLD! Man, I love this kid!

As beautiful as she can be....getting ready for bed in our new Christmas pjs :)

2 comments:

  1. Great pics, love the one you and Dawson and the of the kids watching the 3D movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice reminder.....very well said!

    Sweet pictures, see you soon!

    ReplyDelete