Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Precious Ballerina

Ellie started her very first dance class this week! Ballet and tap lessons are my sweet parents' gift to her for her birthday. Such a super, fun gift!! And it's as much of a gift to me as it is to her because it has been so fun dressing her up and doing this with her! She was the cutest, most adorable thing I have ever seen! She looked so precious in her little pink dance attire, and she did such a great job at her first class! Apparently most of the girls in her class have been doing dance for a year or so already, but Ellie just jumped right in and tried to follow them. She did a great job listening to her teacher, and she tried to make some new friends too.

Sometimes I feel like she is definitely gypted (sp?) as the middle child. Caleb is so expressive, and Adelyn is so little, that they both demand my attention way more than she does. Hopefully that will change as the seasons of their lives change. But lately, I've been trying to be so intentional about giving her my undivided attention as much as I can. And in those times, while we're in the car, or at the lunch table, Ellie will usually say, "Mom, let's talk." like she's 18 years old or something. Then I'll say, o.k. Ellie, let's talk. Then every time, she proceeds to ask me, "What's your favorite color?" So, we talk about our favorite colors. Then she might say, "What did you do today?" even though we've been together all day. :) I just love it! I love having these little conversations with her, and I hope we will always have these little talks together. She is such a gift from God!

Pictures of my little "baddawina" as Ellie says :)



3 comments: