Sunday, November 1, 2009

Living in Crazy Town

This blog is sometimes wildly unsatisfying, because I wish it was more like having a conversation with each of you...my fellow blogging friends. Sometimes I like the personal journaling feeling of blogging, but then sometimes I wish there was more dialogue. For instance, these days I feel like I'm barely hanging on to my sanity...and I want to know, am I the only resident in Crazy Town?!? :) I feel like I'm constantly behind on housework (the dishes now have a life of their own and I did SIX loads of laundry on Saturday....doesn't sound abnormal until I tell you that ALL SIX LOADS came from MY laundry basket!!! I seriously washed clothes that I wore last winter and have been in the bottom of my basket since then!!! I finally had to wash all of them because I could no longer close my closet door!!) Anyway, there's just been times lately when I feel like a terrible housekeeper, a mean mommy, an inattentive and uncaring wife, an on-again/off-again friend, and a whiney, ungrateful, flaky daughter of God.....I either need some serious time down on my knees, and/or some psychiatric drugs. I HATE when I allow my blessings to feel like burdens, and when I let stress and anxiety steal the joy and peace that God tries to give me.

Anyway....as much as I wish blogging was really group therapy, it's not. I do want to share some pictures from Halloween...Adelyn's first pumpkin day! It was a lot of fun!

The traditional carving of the pumpkin....Adelyn looks curious?!



The cutest "soldier pilot", "princess fairy" and daisy flower you'll ever see!!




6 comments:

  1. Hebrews 12:1-3 (The Message)

    1-3Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

    I like to see what the Message says a lot of the time because it will surprise me with something crazy like this. I never would have read Hebrews 12 in this way, but now I get so pumped when I read it!! There is so much life in scripture!

    Hebrews 12:1-2 (New Living Translation)

    1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.

    This has been on my heart today. I have def. felt the same way (i mean diff. situation). I pray that you find the strength to endure the rest of this semester. I pray that it is more than just enduring it. I pray that we endure with the JOY and LOVE of the Lord! "THAT WILL SHOOT ADRENALINE INTO YOUR SOULS!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. Your Kids are so ridiculously CUTE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I feel that way, too. A lot! I will always understand if you ever want to call for a telephone group therapy session!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to prove that I am just as (or more) crazy as you...I took all three kids to Brandt's doctor appointment today (no news yet), and FORGOT Lindley's shoes. That's right, she had NO SHOES at the doc's office...

    Anyway, you had some extremely cute trick or treaters!! I love all of their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, michelle...thank you for being real and honest and no, you are not the only resident of crazy town. i am definitely your close neighbor.

    just take deep breaths and think of the old ladies at church that stare at your baby with that longing/reminiscent look in their eyes and remind yourself that you will one day be that old lady and your children and grandchildren will be all grown own day and you won't remember what the warmth of fresh spit up on your newly bathed skin even feels like. there will be a day when you'll long for the sound of your toddler screeching and if it meant you could squeeze that cute little 2 year old tushy just one more time, you'd give anything to clean up another "accident".

    hang in there and try to remember that one day, you WILL be reminiscent for this season of your life. i try to remind myself of that so often.

    i see the looks in those old ladies' eyes....i know it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh please sign me up for your group therapy. only you took my answer already, I don't know what to add.

    I'm tired. I don't understand how it can take so much effort to take care of the basics like a clean kitchen, clean undies, or even a clean body.

    But like your friend who commented about the old ladies (she is painfully right)... I keep trying to tell myself that one day I will be bored to tears because there are no rugrats making messes in every square inch of my house, not to mention monopolizing every hairsbreadth of my mental space.

    At least we have each other for support. I appreciate your other commenters, because their words encourage me too.

    So see, this is kinda like group therapy. Thanks for facilitating.

    ReplyDelete